Thursday, April 22, 2010

At my book club meeting last Sunday the book that we discussed was the 5 People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom.  I actually didn't read the book I am just doing that now but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to visit with some girls and have some mommy time.  One of the interesting things that came from our discussion is do you let people know that you value them and why you value them?  Do you share with someone if they have made an impact in your life, done a good deed for you, gave you a hand up when you were down?

I know I have had moments when I have done this but not consistently, but I would really like too.  Really we don't know how long our time is on earth and when we won't be in our loved ones lives.  I have been thinking about people who have made an impact on me and how I could express my gratitude to them. 

I feel really blessed my oldest daughter Abbey is generous by nature she would probably give away all of her special things to her friends.  She is constantly making things to give away as gifts to her friends.  I am very proud of her I hope that she keeps this up even as she gets older, I hope that she is learning that giving is more important than getting and that fostering a relationship with others and building bonds is more important than possessions.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Penny,

    When you finish 5 People You Meet In Heaven let me know your thoughts; I have the book and haven't read it yet but hear it's great.

    Rae

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!