Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Leather Wrapped Bracelet

I spotted a leather wrapped bracelet in the Stella & Dot catalogue and really loved it and I thought I should be able to make this.  I bought the leather and the faceted green jade gemstones from a local bead store Beads & Plenty more, the thread from Bedrock beads, and the button from Mamacita Beadworks, I love the simplicity of this button and couldn't wait to use it on this bracelet.  I bought a few others that you will likely be seeing over the next while, but I will keep that a surprise until later.

When I orginally started the bracelet on the bottom end the thread looked beautiful but on the top it was all over the place after about being 3/4 of the way through threading I realized what I had done wrong so I needed to take it all apart and start over, I completed it last night but then is was too small to fit around by wrist, so I went to bed and must have been thinking all night what I could do, I also was out of thread, so this morning I tied some extra thread and added more beads and now even though it is snug I can now fit it around my wrist.  Next time I will have some extra leather and an ample supply of thread so that I can make it much longer.


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!