Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday Night TV

Has anyone been tuning into any summer TV?  I watched some shows yesterday that I have seen advertised but haven't caught until yesterday.  High School Moms on TLC, this fascinates me one I am curious about young mothers and hope for a better life for them and their children and also it hits close to home because I could have been one of those girls in the program.  I love that there is a school that is helping these young ladies reach for higher education and giving them hope for the future.  Also teaching them the importance of giving their children greater opportunities.

Lovetown, USA, this is a new show that the OWN Network has launched and they are experimenting with love and what love means and how it can change a community.  Ooh, I love this idea, I try to come from a place of love in most things I do, but I realize that I am not always the most kind and loving to myself, which isn't that a big one don't you think.  I can't wait to see what unfolds from this and maybe learn a few things for myself.

What is a loving kind thing you have found yourself involved in recently?  How are you trying to be more loving and kind?  Please share, I would love to hear.  I think we need to spread more love around, it makes life so much easier when you are loving, kind, gracious, forgiving and accepting.

Take care,
Penny
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny: I have followed you for awhile now and love your designs. I am a fellow Albertan. Love is so important and can heal all things I believe. We have just gone through some family tragedy - you can read about it on my blog and follow me back (I'd love that) so we do understand how coming together and protecting and loving one another is so important. Not just when there is problems. I am not a big TV watcher but the show on OWN sounds interesting.
    Take care. Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, I enjoyed reading your reflections. For me, this has been a strange summer. I've really questioned my reasons for doing the volunteer work I do. I'm still deciding whether I'm meant to do a different kind of volunteering, or just do the same work but in a more mindful way. I'm going to use your key words, and ensure I am "loving, kind, gracious, forgiving and accepting" in whatever I do. Thanks for shining a light, Penny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!