Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring Fever Design Challenge Reveal

I would like to apologize to everyone before we start, we moved into a new place in the fall and I haven't found the perfect spot to take pictures and I have lost my cable that downloads my photos to the computer. I have been using my phone which actually takes pretty good pictures but we were having a cloudy day and I have a bit of a glare on the pictures. I didn't want to not post so I and giving you my not so great pics that I took.

My husband will be leaving for work this week so we are also trying to get in Easter egg coloring with Daddy so we can enjoy some holiday cheer. We have had our egg coloring kit for weeks and I have had to hold the reins back on the girls, explaining to them if we colored eggs early everything would be rotten. It was a challenge but they have waiting long enough.

I loved the pieces that were sent to me the colors were so vibrant, tones that I am not used to working in. I had an idea for the bracelet focal, it didn't exactly work out how I had envisioned in my head, so I do think I will be taking it apart but I wanted to show you my lovely little butterfly.

I was actually quite proud of myself I only used beads from my stash I didn't go out and buy anything new.  I wanted to have a third strand with the green and yellow Czech rounds, but I ran out of space, this is one of the things I was unhappy with myself for because I contemplated putting a ring on but decided against it, while this is what happens.

I am very pleased with how the necklace turned out, I knew when I seen the lovely kelly green sari silk I needed to use it for a necklace, and the addition of the Second Surf, faceted polymer round, it complimented the Blueberri beads little bird and feather so well.  I have a beautiful green shirt that this necklace with look wonderful with, but also a white tee would make the colors pop.


The lovely clasp was given to me by my bead soup partner, Alicia Marinache, All the Pretty Things, when I thought of this necklace I thought this would be a perfect accompaniment.


I want to thank TheaElements, Blueberri Beads and Smitten beads for this beautiful package of goodies that you sent me, they were smashing.  I am very pleased that I was one of the lucky ones chosen to participate.

Thank you for stopping by and please be sure to check out everyone else's lovelies.


Penny Neville - You are here!
Toltec Jewels


Much love,

Penny

25 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Do pop by my blog and see my design for the challenge :)
    http://christinesjewellerybox.blogspot.co.uk
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous rich colours, I love the necklace, I bet that's lovely to wear!

    Thank you for joining us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely designs!

    http://jewellerybyemmaquinn.blogspot.com/2014/04/spring-fever-design-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely vibrant spring designs Penny - love the bird dangle with the butterfly. Thank you for taking part in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each of your designs is lovely - they remind me of spring (much needed since it snowed yesterday).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the combinations - and your use of the sari strip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Penny, these are beautiful! I love the colors and the Happy Spring vibe :-) The sari works really well with the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these beautiful and playful designs, Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are perfect for spring and among my favorite combinations. I struggle using sari ribbons, but you pulled it off. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice - I particularly like the necklace. The green is so vivid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very very pretty and the colours are very spring x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty!! Love your pieces and how well they go together!! Nice job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the extra touch of seed bead fringe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pieces, love how the necklace turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great designs. That necklace looks so comfortable to wear and one that I would be tossing on often.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Barbara's bead with this - great pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Penny,
    The bracelet and necklace are beautiful I love the colors and the way you put them all together. The bracelet will go with the green and white Tee's also.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I'm so impressed with everyone's creations. The colors are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such pretty designs! I really like the color combinations and how you used the colors!

    Happy Spring!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty designs! I really like the color combinations and how you used the colors!

    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Alicia is my friend! You have a wonderful BSBParty partner -- lucky you! And your necklace is so pretty. I love he colors, just love them. The Second Surf bead is perfect in the design. Everything moves together, full of blooming beauty in pretty water color tones. Your bracelet is so pretty too! Love how you accented the butterfly too with pretty Czech! Lovely jewelry. X Rita

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love these colours and what you've done with them, id be so happy to wear this as a set its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such pretty designs! I really like the color combinations and how you used the colors.

    Happy Spring!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!