Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pearl Knotting

I promised this necklace last week but I ran into some problems securing the clamshells, my silk thread broke and I left it for awhile until I could figure out what I should do to finish up this project.  I have had these pearls for almost a year,  but when I first tried I was unsuccessful, until I found the directions on Fusion Beads for pearl knotting, oh how having tweezers makes this job so much better. 

Calypso

Calypso         
I have another necklace that I have been working on, I found the chain at Michael's, I thought it was very cool because it is black and gold and I thought that with the gold locket it would look awesome, but now that I have finished it up I am thinking that the chain is to delicate for what I have done.  Please let me know what you think?

Trust Your Heart
I hope that this Tuesday finds you happy and content. 

Take care,
Penny

3 comments:

  1. I went to the Gemological Institute for a Pearl class. That knotting is tedious and frustrating, but tweezers are the key to success & you certainly succeeded with your Calypso necklace! GORGEOUS!
    I love the "Trust Your Heart"! I think the chain works well because it is a support for the main focus. It does the job and is pretty but doesn't steal the show from those fantastic beads, "Trust" medallion and locket.
    Beautiful pieces, Penny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I really like both...but I think you may be right on the chain, just a little bit bigger might be better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the necklace. Could you just add another strand or two of the chain you used?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!