Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chunky Turquoise

My mom and I traveled to one of our favorite gemstone bead stores awhile back, I was on the search for some faux coral.  I came across this lovely strand of chunky turquoise and suggested to my mom wouldn't it make an adorable choker necklace.  She agreed and we both came home with strands, believe it or not my mom's was bigger than mine and I have been trying to talk her into switching with me ever since, suggesting that maybe the younger person could rock the bigger ones better but she has not budged.  We were at one of our other favorite stores on the weekend and I found this kick ass pendant and thought is would go like dynamite with my idea.  I put the necklace together and used a toggle from my stash but for some reason I am feeling like it is too simple.  What do you all think?  I would love some feedback.  I didn't want to do too much because I really wanted the turquoise to be the star of the show.  I also think that I need a different toggle.


The cube beads are actually glass beads, I thought they were very cool, the look like hematite!

Happy Sunday!

Take care,
Penny

3 comments:

  1. It has a great mysterious feel which I like very much. But if you are looking to change anything maybe switch out the cube beads for something round in red or orange to really make the turquoise pop. I love that focal, and I think the clasp is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, if you're unhappy with that toggle, why not consider those small fake hematites. I bought a pack from FMG that might suit:

    http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?pn=H203705PB

    Or something you make yourself in gunmetal finish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. my 2 cents...i think the pendant is perfect with the turquoise. turquoise has so much going on with the colors and veins that it should be kept simple. and the pendant enhances it, just as the turq enhances the pendant. the pendant is really cool w/o taking away from the turq. i cannot see the toggle too clearly but what i can see, i am not sure if it goes with the beauty of the rest of the piece. i think i am finally back to blogging again! i missed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!