Sunday, January 2, 2011

Growth

I have never been one for making New Year's resolutions but I have started following a blog that suggests you pick a word for the year and try and focus on that one word to bring what you want in your life to change or bring forward to your life.  I have chosen two words for this year GROWTH and ORGANIZATION.  I think I am going to focus on growth for the first part of this year, why have I chosen growth.  While I have made some large changes in my life in 2010, I decided to resign from my job and focus my time on raising my kids but I know that I have worked to long and hard not to have something for myself and to contribute in some way for our family.  A few years ago I started making jewelry and it has become my passion.  I have always had thoughts about having my own business I was just never sure about what I should do and what suits my personality and my lifestyle.  I have been trying different jewelry techniques to expand my skills.  I have tried a couple of local farmers markets and done some trunk shows in offices as well as friends homes.  I am hoping that I can grow my business this year, that I can get my name out there and receive some recognition for my jewelry.  I am hoping that I can take some courses and expand my skills even more.  I would really like to get my work published too so that is going to be one of the first things I am going to strive to do with my word for this year.

Butterflies go through a great deal of growth and struggling to get out of there chrysalis,  it is quite challenging and that is inspiration to me.  I found this great picture from Esty.  I love how colorful the picture is it makes me feel good.


las mariposas by Jen Singh

I will keep you posted on how my progress is going.  All the best in 2011 may it bring you health, happiness, prosperity, laughter, love, hope and faith!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!