Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gratitude

What does gratitude or being grateful mean to you.  I know there are many things in my life that I am grateful for, the essentials having a roof over my head to offer protection to me and my family, to have food in our bellies, to have two feet and a heartbeat to get up and welcome each and every day.

I am an Oprah lover and I followed her for years, I remember when she introduced Sarah Ban Breathnach, and the book Simple Abundance, at that time I was searching and that book opened a whole lot of revelations for me and it helped me be grateful for my life.  I started keeping a gratitude journal and writing down 5 things every day that I was grateful for, at first it was a bit difficult because my head space wasn't good but once I started looking around I realized that there were so many things to give thanks.  I no longer keep my gratitude journal but I find that I live a grateful life each and every day, I remind myself of my blessings often and how lucky I am to be here and that I get a choice each day to chose how I handle the things that come into my life.

Check out Sarah's 10 Simple Truths to Live by.

Have you heard of the new blog that Molly Alexander has launched Grateful Living, I am really looking forward to it, there will be a bunch of guest contributors and Molly herself that will be sharing.  If you are looking for some inspiration or just some like minded individuals check it out.  

I want to say a great big THANK YOU to all of the individuals who hopped by for the 4th Annual Bead Soup Blog Party, I had a great time, I am still hopping through the list, but everyone who left comments on my blog thank you so much your comments mean so much to me and I was truly inspired and in awe of all the great talent out there.  Everyone is so wonderful and I truly feel grateful for all of you!!!

Take care,
Penny

2 comments:

  1. A great reminder for us all. Sometimes we focus on all the bad stuff and we forget all the blessings we have.

    I'm headed over to Molly's new blog. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Penny, I am really looking forward to Molly's new blog too. She is such a sweetie. Thanks so much for posting my button on your blog, really appreciate it! Good luck on the contest. Take care, Riki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!