Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week long and Weekend wrap-up

Last week was a very busy week for me, I committed to hosting an open house at my place on Sunday, but we only moved into our home late August and painting needed to be done.  I asked my wonderful Dad if he would be willing to take time out of his schedule and help me with painting, hanging pictures and moving furniture.  This event was a family affair everyone contributed, my parents, my son, husband and even my little girls.  Last week was a whirlwind to say the least we painted everyday then hung pictures Friday then my mom and I decorated for Christmas.  I was in my pj's all day Saturday cleaning the house getting it organized, pricing jewelry and setting up our table for Sunday.  I was exhausted but exhilarated all at the same time.  It felt so good to have the house painted and pictures hung it feels like home and has our family touches. 

I can not express how much my heart swells for my Dad and mom for all of the hard work that they put into helping me pull off this open house and getting my house in order.  I love you very much mom and dad, love and gratitude can not express how much you both mean to me and how lucky I am to be your daughter.  You are amazing people and really show how unconditional love is for a child, even a grown up one.  I hope that when my kids get older I will be able to be as fantastic parents as you and been for me.

Onto the open house, I had a combination of direct sell vendors and artisans building there own businesses and following their passions. It was a great day, short 1-4 pm, the first 2 hours were a rush of people, then we slowed right down.  I was happy, everyone who came shared positive feedback and all of the vendors seemed very happy with the experience.  A win-win for everyone involved.

Copper Penny Designs and Designs by Claudia

Designs by Claudia

Me & my Mom

Fireplace Mantel

Everyday Style

Scentsy

Epicure Selections

Love Whimsy

Passionate Passtimes & Partylite
My mom and I are still working on the setup of our table, I would really like to add some props that add some height to the table, I also find that we have the table so full of things that some stuff gets missed.  Every time we set the table up we vow we are not going to crowd things but we keep pulling things out.  That is why we need some height and I would really like to find some things that bring a theme.  I have been loving the pictures that I have seen on Pinterest, great inspiration, now just to find them and inexpensively.

Take care,
Penny

1 comment:

  1. I love this post - and that last paragraph? I could have written it. We've definitely added a little more height to our table but I have exactly the same issue as yourself - crowding stuff! I have what looks to me like a dead patch of bracelets at the front, too busy to see anything properly, but interestingly it's the area that sells the most....who'd've thought ;-) I love how your house looks (I'm always so astounded by just how much more space you get in north american property - gorgeous big open space that you have so generously shared with other vendors) and I love all the stands. I wish I could have been there to spend some Christmas pennies! And lovely to see you and your mum together. I hope you're having a well earned rest now! X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!