Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Bead Soup Package Arrived

My partner is from Germany and I was so excited to get my package from her I was checking the mailbox often.  My partner is Maryse Thillen of Glass Bead Art, Maryse makes lovely lampwork beads and she sent be some awesome stuff to work with.  Oh the silver she sent is to die for with a cute little butterfly clasp, I am still trying to figure out how I am going to use it because I would really like to use the heart as well but both are so gorgeous I am still trying to figure out how I can showcase both of them on the front, oh decisions, decisions. 





I had a surprise ingredient in my soup some lovely wool, I am just not sure what to do with it I have not used anything like it before but the color is so pretty and the wool is very soft.

I have to get this soup brewing!!!

3 comments:

  1. You could make felted beads out of the wool -- I think there are tutorials on YouTube Not sure if that's the kind of wool it is, but you could ask her. I love the other beads, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad, my beads arrived safely and in time !Lori is right, the merino wool roving is meant to be made into felted beads,as the colors coorsinate with the beads.
    They are really very easy to make; either by needlefelting them over a styrofoam or other soft base or by wetfelting. f you have no clue how to do this, just email me and I will tell you how ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!