Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Outsiders

I will be revisiting my youth with my next book club meeting, we will be reading The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton, oh how I loved this movie when I was a young girl.  I have actually never read the book so I am rather excited to read the story I usually think that the book is always better than the movie so we will see.  I remember having favorites when I was younger SodaPop for is good looks and sweet smile, that Ponyboy was so innocent and smart and that Dally was a bad boy, what girl doesn't like a bad boy there is some kind of excitement about a boy who has a wild side.  But when I think about it I think that each boy in this movie had qualities that I liked or admired.  I also love music from this decade, I still listen to it to this day, it was way before my time but I find myself singing to it and it makes me feel good.

We have a few girls in our book club who have not experienced the Outsiders I am excited to see if they will love it as much as I.  I am also looking forward to the discussion I can't wait to see what everyone took away from reading this classic.

Have you ever read The Outsiders?  Who was your favorite character and why?

1 comment:

  1. I liked the book better, I read the book then saw the movie. I liked the picture I had in my mind better. It was well written.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by I love to read what others think so please leave me a message. Have a great day!